Email Self Introduction

To: Brad Blackstone
From: Natasha Theresa Lin-Ying Ferdinands
Date: 22nd January 2019
Subject: Self-Introduction email


Dear Mr Blackstone,


Thank you for providing me with the chance to give you an introduction about myself. My name is Natasha Theresa Lin-Ying Ferdinands. I am a second year student in Bachelor of Hospitality Business at Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). Prior to joining SIT, I graduated from Republic Polytechnic pursuing a diploma in customer relationship and service m
anagement. My diploma has given me an insight into the hospitality industry and this further ignited my passion to continue my education at Singapore Institute of Technology.


In my final semester of polytechnic, I began my internship with Changi Airport Group in the Ground Operations Department as a Changi Youth Ambassador. I was given the opportunity to be in a passenger facing position for four months and an administrative assistant in the department for the final two months. As a Changi Youth Ambassador, our main job functions were to assist the Duty Terminal Manager with terminal incidents and providing the best Changi Experience for all passengers. SIT also provided me with the opportunity to do my industrial attachment (IA) with Conrad Centennial Singapore as a trainee in the executive lounge. This internship opportunity provided me with a chance to gain a better understanding of the hotel industry. During this four month stint at Conrad Centennial Singapore, I was equipped to handle food and beverage operations while understanding guests’ preferences and answering their enquiries.


The best way to describe myself would be a soft spoken person by nature. However, through my past internships, I have learnt to be more assertive and gained the confidence to speak up when necessary. Having good communication skills is necessary in both school and in the professional workforce. As such, I hope to be able to improve my communication skills as this will be beneficial for me regardless of my future job. I still struggle with public speaking to large groups and have difficulties in making eye contact and speaking at a constant pace. Therefore, I have come to terms with the fact that working on my communication skills will be a continuous learning journey. I am looking forward to improving my communication skills this trimester during this module.


Thank you for your time.


Best regards,
Natasha Ferdinands

Edited on 30th January 2019

Comments

  1. Thank you Natasha for the self-introduction. Your internship experiences seem to be very meaningful. It is also interesting to see that you have experience in the hotel and airline industry. I am actually curious to know which industry would you prefer. Lastly, I truly agree that working on communication skills is a continuous learning journey and I look forward to improving our skills together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Natasha,

    Thank you for sharing in this comprehensive self-introduction letter. You do a good job responding to the specifications of the assignment. You describe how your interest in hospitality developed as you cover your rich internship experience, and you address your communication strengths and weaknesses and the goal you have for this module (albeit very generally).

    I appreciate the detailed, honest self assessment on your comm skills. Of course, that's an area we will focus on this term, so let's start by considering these points related to your writing:

    1. phrasing
    -- I am a second year in Bachelor of Hospitality Business at Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). > (second-year what?)
    -- this will be beneficial for myself > (use of reflexive pronoun)
    -- I have came to terms to the fact > I have come to terms with the fact

    2. verb use
    -- our main job functions was to assist > (subject-verb disagreement)
    -- I have learnt to be more assertive and gaining the confidence to speak up when necessary. > (lack of parallel verb form)
    -- I have came > ?

    3. oversue of caps
    -- a Diploma in Customer Relationship and Service Management.
    -- Changi Youth Ambassador.
    -- Duty Terminal Manager
    -- the Executive Lounge.

    4. inconsistent use of comma in salutation and close

    I look forward to learning more about you this term.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mr Blackstone,

      Thank you for your feedback and I will improve on the respective points mentioned by you. I appreciate how your comments has given me a deeper understanding about my writing skills.

      Best regards,
      Natasha Ferdinands

      Delete
    2. You're most welcome, Natasha.

      Enjoy your holiday!

      Brad

      Delete

Post a Comment